Research Group on Multiagent Systems
This is the home page of the Multi-agent Systems and Optimization Research Group. This group is constituted by the Researchers located at Belfort who are involved in the Research Axes 3 and 6 of the Laboratoire Electronique Informatique Image (LE2I), at the Université Bourgogne Franche-Comté (UBFC, France).
Before 2017, this research team was part of the Transport and System Laboratory (IRTES-SET) in the Research Institute on Transport, Energy and Society (IRTES) of the Belfort-Montbéliard University of Technology (UTBM). The IRTES institute has disappeared when UTBM becomes member of UBFC.
Our research group investigates the field of Multi-Agent Systems (MAS). Our core activity is concerned with language, methods and tools and aims at defining suitable abstractions, methodologies either formal or semi-formal and tools for engineering MAS. These works are based on organizational theories and constitute a basic building block for the other research projects of the team.
- The first, Agent Architectures, propose several techniques for enabling agents to exhibit features such as: autonomy, reactivity, pro-activity and social ability.
- The second project, Multi-Agent Based Simulations, is interested with the simulation of complex systems through MAS.
- The third and last, Multi-Agent Based Knowledge Management, works towards the definition of an approach of Knowledge Management in organizations engaged in product design.
- Eventually, the fourth, study Optimization with MAS.
We carry out researches in:
- Agent-Oriented Software Engineering and Formal models
- MultiAgent-Based Simulation
- Intelligent Energy Management (Smart-grid)
- Information and Knowledge Management.
Our main application areas cover Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), traffic and pedestrian simulation in virtual environments, collaborative work, decision-helping tools, distributed problem solving.